Trip to Spain - Great Way to End 2022...










A one week rewarding trip was needed to end the year after a long and hardworking year of 2022 as a family. We haven’t traveled outside of our comfort zones in a long time and leaving for a week in Spain was the right thing to do. Our trip started off with going to Barcelona and it was an amazing start to the trip. After 8 years, we all stepped on Lufthansa and I loved every second of it. As soon as we arrived, we started off with going to see the town and see the lively streets of Barcelona. It was full of happy people and music. We had our first meal out in an Italian restaurant and walked along the beautiful Christmas lights. It was a joyful experience seeing such a lively crowd and lights.














The next day, we went to go see Park GĂĽell and we saw an amazing view of Barcelona. It was the perfect weather as it was sunny and pleasant. It was a good change as compared to the German and Dutch weather the past few months. As an artist, I was inspired by Gaudi’s style of art where he has build such interesting buildings that are worth the tourist attraction! I was very intrigued by his mosaic and structural architecture of Casa Mila, Casa Patllo, and the Park GĂĽell. I have always been fascinated by mosaic but never got the chance to see how I can use it in my work. However, this experience has inspired me to create a few artworks in the future.

Along with the Gaudi tour, I thought it might be fun to do a boat ride as the weather was just right for a boat ride. It was so peaceful and seeing the clean blue sea with seagulls flying around gave me peace. And of course I had to take some photos with my family and they came out so beautiful. Just seeing such amazing smiles and calmness on my family’s faces made me so happy as the weather and water melted our thoughts away! Then we ended the day with a cup of coffee and my daily observational drawing!














After that, we decided to see more of Barcelona by just walking around the town and take some more pictures. To be honest, by now my phone is screaming at me for taking so many pictures, hehe. We also went to walk around the Park Ciutadella. Along with that, I went to different small art galleries and shops to find some more inspiration as you would see that they are so much different than what you see in Groningen or Germany. Along the walk, we saw a lively event Rambla and it was full of people and joy. After that, our last destination of Barcelona was to see the light and music show at night in Casa Pallto. It was so beautiful and seeing everyone laugh and clap creates a whole lively atmosphere. As we were on the way back to the hotel, I reflected on the past three days. I felt so much joy and was inspired by so many architectures and artworks. I could never ask for anything better than spending such a great time with my family!













On Tuesday, we said good bye to Barcelona and were on the way to Valencia! I was so excited to see what Valencia had to offer. Rishabh (my brother) was driving us all the way in another country for the first time and I never felt so proud of him! As soon as we entered, I was amazed to see such a different city and way historical than Barcelona. I loved the architecture and streets of Valencia. It was so beautiful. We decided to have Thai food for a late lunch and walk around the town. We went to see many historical buildings like churches and cathedrals. Along with that, we saw a bunch of beautiful lights and street performances. Everyone was so happy and the whole place was sooooo crowded! I saw so many booths selling amazing food and jewelry. We had to stop by and get some ice cream! I loved walking on the streets with such pleasant weather, a perfect way to start the next part of the journey.

The next day, was an extremely long and eventful day! We set off for the tour a bit earlier as the weather was perfectly pleasant. We decided to first see the Central Market of Valencia and wow! It was amazing to see fresh ingredients like dried fruits, vegetables, and spices. As food lovers, we had to buy a few ingredients, hehe. Then we decided to go see 2 art museums - one art history and one contemporary. I have realized that contemporary is actually not so bad. I was always so frustrated at not being able to understand contemporary art and when I saw it, it wasn’t so hard. It’s just varies and I interpret it differently. I have now written so many notes and took many pictures that would help me in my future projects. After a long 3 hours of looking at artworks. We had to go get some lunch and had some Spanish food for the first time and it was delicious.

After that we decided to drive down to the beach after so many years and it felt so good to be walking on the sand and seeing such a beautiful view. After taking many pictures, we decided to walk around and go shopping! I bought a winter jacket along with a few shirts! I’m so happy!

















On Thursday, we said goodbye to Valencia and were set to drive off to Madrid! It was our last moment for this trip and I was partially sad cause we were having so much fun! As soon as we arrived, we decided to go first around town and see the beauty of Madrid. We were shocked to see how big the shops were! My goodness, my jaw went all the way to the bottom! There are so many people everywhere that its so easy to get lost! The town is so lively and happy all 24 hrs! then we went to the Padro art museum and boy the line was soooo long! We waited for about 45 mins until we were able to enter. I was amazed to see all the old artworks that were the originals of soooo many artists I know from many centuries ago. After that we went to go have Mexican food and wow, we had the best ones for the first time! Then we went to go and get one most important thing off the list, churros as Spain is the founder of churros. I was beyond excited and it was delicious. I enjoyed every moment in Madrid this day. 

Friday was our last day in Madrid before we had to go back to Germany. To start the day, I decided to go to the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia by myself while my family went to go around the town. I was able to freely enter using my disability card and fine arts student card. saw some of my favorite works and works I have studied by Picasso, Salvador Dali, and so much more. I was so amazed to see them all and I also saw the original Guernica which was insane! After viewing the entire museum, my brain was exploding with ideas and inspirations! After that we had some delicious Lebanese food and lemonade. Then we went around the town and saved the best for last. We decided to go and eat churros from the best place in Spain! It was soooo worth it and much better than yesterdays churros! it was a great way to end the day with such deliciousness! As much as I’m sad the vacation ended, I am so glad we were heading back home now as we were all happily exhausted! 

This trip gave me an opportunity to explore more in the art world and see why contemporary art is needed today. Now, it has changed my perspective to certain extent. I consider contemporary art if there are ways I am able to understand the themes I am seeing. Nevertheless, I am so grateful to have gone on a trip after so many years with my family and get inspired at the same time. 


Comments

Popular Posts