NJIS Annual 2019 Lock-In

In NJIS, we had our Annual 2019 Lock-in. Lock-in is when the middle and upper school would stay for a night at school and all the doors and windows would be locked. It was a great experience. I was so excited to join this fun experience. I get to know more about some of my friends and other people in school. We would chat with some of the teachers and have fun with them. We took a lot of pictures and videos.

I am ready to get attacked by the ball!!

Listening to the instructions!
First, we had a gym game activity, where we would do some fun games and gym activities. First, we played softball and everyone was having so much fun. We won so many times! Then we played a drink pong game and it was my favorite game we played. I had won 2-3 balls and my opposing player had to drink two or three glasses of soda. The same thing happened to me, but we are happy about it because we love to drink soft drinks so we had no problems with that. 
So many pizzas!

Mmmmmm... Yum!

One..Two..Three.. Go!!

Yum!
After that, we had to go for our next activity of the day, which was to have PIZZA!!! There were sooooo many pizzas in the teacher's lounge. We were happy that we could have it in the teacher's lounge since that place is so comfy. There were many drinks, ramen noodles. My group of friends played who can drink the soda the fastest, it was hard because soda is so sparkly and it would hurt our throat very easily. So for me, I just did the countdown and see who could drink the fastest. I had so much pizza and chips. 
Ready to play in the dark!!

Listening to the instructions!


Then we played a game where we had to, in groups, find our color ramen packets and if some other people take away our neon wrist bands, then we are out of the game. We had to protect our ramen noodles from other teams trying to get the packet. It was hard and we got hurt since there were people older than us playing so we had gotten hurt many times. We had to do this in the dark in the school. I am scared of the dark, but I was able to face my fears and find the packet. It was a fun but scary experience. Then we played sardines, it was hard to find the person hiding because the school was quite big. It took a bit of time. 

Getting ready to go in!!

So much fun!!


Yum! Smores
Let's play something!!


After that, we had the best time where we would have a barbecue party!! It was my first time eating smores and it was sooooo good that I had to have so many more pieces. Also, we had a pool party, for the first time I was able to go into the pool and have the experience that others could do. My teacher forced me to go and wear some good earplugs. I would say this is the experience as I had so much fun and many friends and teachers supported me throughout this pool experience because I had to manage to play without hearing aids. It was hard to play because I couldn't hear anything. And the pool had two sides, a steep side, and a manageable side. I really wanted to go to the steep side, so my friends kindly put me in a lifebuoy ring and moved me towards that side. It was so fun and we all made jokes, laughter. My friends supported me from falling and made sure I was ok. I thank my mother especially and my teacher for making me do this otherwise I wouldn't have had the greatest time. 

Aww the night is ended, good night!!

We all became tired so we showered and changed into our PJs. Then we made our bed ready and watched and talked, we walked around, to the lounge, to the other classes, and we had fun till we had to go to bed. The next morning, one of my friends was so kind as she woke up to wake me up since I couldn't wake up by myself since I take off my hearing aids and then she went to bed again. 

This experience was the best I've had and I am so glad that I had come to this event. I thank all my friends and teachers for supporting me and making me have fun. I thank my mother to give me this opportunity to experience this. I had wished to stay longer but it was only for a night. Having a pool party was the best time I have had and it was the experience where I could have fun rather than just standing in the pool or not going in it at all. It had increased my confidence in going for sleepovers and asking for help. This experience made me feel like a normal person.












Comments

Popular Posts