First Time Doing Living Library!







Today has been such a great inspiring day. I was invited to be a part of the living library at Hanze. I was a living book where I share my story with the reader who asks questions to my story. We had an interactive session and met with so many inspiring stories. It gave me the opportunity to answer questions that I have never heard of before and made me also realize myself about how I handle many situations in my journey. It was an exciting experience and the best part was that it opened new doors to me. I got two new opportunities that are coming my way and they are going to be exciting projects! One is to interact with kids in an university to share how to express feelings from their journey of various issues through various types of coping methods like poetry, music, and in my case through art. And the other opportunity is to perhaps create another public speaking platform at Hanze where people can come and share stories with each other and make others feel included and aware of issues that impact people around them. The teachers were very impressed with my drive and are looking forward to something like this that they have been trying to look for. This is the case due to my experience last year of struggling to find people who connect with me through issues that impacted them and I also wouldn’t know unless there was a way to share about it. That’s what the teachers said that lately they have so many people who are struggling to find the common community that go through similar issues with them. So creating an interactive public speaking forum will help spread the word and include others too. Ahhhhhh I’m so excited!!!
P.S - I saw the queen of Netherlands in our school and she was literally a few meters away from me!!! Ahhhhhh such a cool experience! 

Comments

Popular Posts