Finally Ready to ...

Finished 10th Grade!!



It didn't feel real that I would be finishing grade 10. I felt nervous and excited at the same time. It has been an eventful and difficult year coming back to IB from AP. I was surprised that I made it until this point with my disability, going to a normal school, and leading a normal life. When the last day came, I woke up with the realization that I am close to finishing high school and that 16 years passed so quickly. 

My hearing aids were the biggest issue this year as they are 10 YEARS OLD!!! The left one shut down completely, and the right one is trying its best to work. We couldn't go to get new hearing aids during the year as I had to focus on schooling, trying to settle IB as I knew that the next 2 years would be tough, and also we were waiting for the latest hearing aids to come. I had gotten a spare left hearing aid from the audiologist but that hearing aid was barely working, it only worked a few times. It was tough to adjust with only one hearing aid resulting in brain exhaustion and headaches.  
Testing new hearing aids!!
During the summer, I have gotten a new pair of latest hearing aids. It took about 4-6 appointments to make it sound perfect and usable for the next 10 years. It felt intense and we had to drive 3 hours both to go and back. It has been a packed month trying to pay attention and see how to improve the hearing aid. Now that I am soon going to be independent, I have started to buy new technology like a hearing aid mic for hearing the teacher better, an alarm clock to wake deaf people up as my parents have been waking me up. I am nervous to try them out. Especially the clock as I fear that it wouldn't work for me. 

School is starting the day after tomorrow, and I am super nervous and excited. I can't wait to meet my teachers and start studying. I got the new hearing aids at the right moment as I would need my full hearing in IB. I had gotten a high honor roll from last year. It motivated me to do more and more. I will continue to work hard and achieve my dreams. 

Comments

Popular Posts